On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 11:12 AM Alan Fry <ttlx0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For all that helped w/ the Linux build, thank you, I have a set of
> repeatable build instructions for Subversion on linux.  If there is
> value, I'd be happy to post those.  I verified those instructions
> last night, building from ground up a VM that builds and
> successfully runs 'make check'.

Yes, please do! It will likely help others. Also perhaps others will
chime in and offer suggestions on easier ways to do some things.

> I'd like to do the same with Windows.  Several have sent me links
> for instructions, however I'd like to ask if there is a recent,
> relatively agreed upon set of instructions, before I start.
> Otherwise, I'll just pick one and give it a try.

The thread "Building SVN (dependencies) on Windows" to our dev@ list
on 20 Apr 2020 has a collection of useful information. That  can be
found at any of these links:

https://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2020-04/0090.shtml

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-dev/202004.mbox/%3cCAB84uBW0RTUkNj30zXFLOtT3=xbhxdarvlnuotnmbg-xqq6...@mail.gmail.com%3e

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r59a30aabaab7bf69effa909b331eaa177418325280ea25859e8fa294%40%3Cdev.subversion.apache.org%3E

Feel free to ask as many questions as you need to.

Nathan

P.S., At any time, if you'd like to help improve the documentation
that we have on the website or in files that ship with Subversion,
feel free to send patches!