Den ons 17 feb. 2021 kl 17:31 skrev Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com>:

> On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 11:12 AM Alan Fry <ttlx0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > For all that helped w/ the Linux build, thank you, I have a set of
> > repeatable build instructions for Subversion on linux.  If there is
> > value, I'd be happy to post those.  I verified those instructions
> > last night, building from ground up a VM that builds and
> > successfully runs 'make check'.
>
> Yes, please do! It will likely help others. Also perhaps others will
> chime in and offer suggestions on easier ways to do some things.
>
> > I'd like to do the same with Windows.  Several have sent me links
> > for instructions, however I'd like to ask if there is a recent,
> > relatively agreed upon set of instructions, before I start.
> > Otherwise, I'll just pick one and give it a try.
>
> The thread "Building SVN (dependencies) on Windows" to our dev@ list
> on 20 Apr 2020 has a collection of useful information. That  can be
> found at any of these links:
>
> https://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2020-04/0090.shtml
>
> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-dev/202004.mbox/%3cCAB84uBW0RTUkNj30zXFLOtT3=xbhxdarvlnuotnmbg-xqq6...@mail.gmail.com%3e
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r59a30aabaab7bf69effa909b331eaa177418325280ea25859e8fa294%40%3Cdev.subversion.apache.org%3E

In addition to this excellent thread it might be interesting to take a
look at TortoiseSVN's build process [1].

As far as I understand it, all dependencies are build from source.
Dependencies sit in [2], some (such as OpenSSL) are simply copied into
the repository (I'm guessing from release tarballs, sometimes with
local patches on top) and some (such as Subversion and APR) are
svn:externals.

TSVN uses NAnt [3] with a homegrown build script.

I'm out of time to dig around at building on Win myself but I'm happy
to test out any instructions.

Kind regards,
Daniel Sahlberg

[1] https://svn.osdn.net/svnroot/tortoisesvn/trunk/build.txt