Den mån 24 maj 2021 kl 07:23 skrev Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com
>:

> On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 10:24 AM Nathan Hartman
> <hartman.nat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Since channels exist on both services now, I think the freenode
> > channels should be marked "deprecated" and kept around for some
> > period of time; I have no particular suggestion on how long that
> > should be, but I guess until the dust settles and we become
> > confident that libera.chat is stable.
>
> People who don't follow this thread (or list) might not be aware that
> we have channels at both services now, but since we do, should the
> website be updated? Attaching a rough-draft patch. Not committing it
> yet because:
>
> It's not currently clear to me which path we wish to take: Move to
> libera and declare the freenode channels deprecated? Stay on both
> indefinitely? Wait longer to see how things play out?
>
> Accessibility: currently freenode provides a web interface and we have
> an archive of those channels; I'm not aware of either for the libera
> channels.
>
> Given the above points, is it too early to update the website?

Considering latest development (the channel takeovers mentioned by Stefan
Sperling in another part of the thread), I'd suggest that we switch the
website. I would go for a more drastic change than Nathan's patch (which
looked nice just two days ago) and put libera as the official channel and
freenode as "in the past there were also freenode but it has been retired
and is no longer used by the project".

I could look at this tonight unless someone else beat me to it.

Kind regards,
Daniel