On 24.05.2021 10:00, Daniel Sahlberg wrote:
Den mån 24 maj 2021 kl 09:22 skrev Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org <mailto:br...@apache.org>>:

    Obviously we shouldn't abandon the channel, but I'm sure there's a
    way
    to automagically reply to posts with a link to the Libera channel(s).
    It's debatable whether that amounts to squatting ... but there are
    far
    too many existing links to our presence on Freenode to just ignore.

I was thinking of what would cause the channel to be considered abandoned. As I'm reading it, moving is equal to abandoning the channel. (This sounds like a hostage situation: If you move, we'll give your channel to someone else).

Yah. That's why my thesaurus says: "entrepreneur" -> "criminal", "sociopath", "hypocrite", "self-serving pile of unmentionables".

The more I think of it, the more I favour a move. But we should do what we can to avoid having the channel considered abandoned.

As long as someone with channel op privileges is on the channel -- if they take it away we can raise a stink that Freenode will have a hard time surviving. Well, that is, if it survives the stink the new "management" is already successfully raising.

-- Brane

P.S.: You've all noticed that I'm not in a very diplomatic frame of mind.