> [...] a single test [...] It doesn't seem necessary to automate
> running over the whole test suite with (format < SVN_WC__VERSION) [...]

Meh. That's only true for the place-holder code as present on the
'multi-wc-format' branch, where the code reports multiple formats are
supported but there are no actual differences between the formats. Any
non-trivial feature (such as pristines-on-demand) that works with
multiple WC formats will have code paths that access database tables
differently depending on the format. I ran into this as soon as I tested
'pristines-on-demand' merged with 'multi-wc-format'. Those code paths
need to be tested against both (or multiple) formats.

Therefore it IS necessary at least to add a parameter to the test suite
framework to specify the WC format that all the tests will use. That
should be done as part of this branch.

The test suite already has...

  --server-minor-version=SERVER_MINOR_VERSION
  --fsfs-version=FSFS_VERSION

I will copy that pattern.

- Julian