TL;DR: OK to merge multi-wc-format to trunk soon?

Having worked with it these last few weeks, I think the essential pieces
are in place for multi-wc-format to be merged to trunk.

I am still working on the last pieces of pristines-on-demand rebased on
top of this branch: fixing tests to work properly with both WC versions.
What I am seeing there is all specific to the pristines-on-demand
changes, and doesn't seem to be requiring anything extra of the basic
multi-wc-format capabilities. That suggests this multi-wc-format branch
provides what it needs to provide.

This is my list of possible enhancements to multi-wc-format:

  - The "svn upgrade" command may grow an option to only show the current
    and target working copy versions. (Perhaps `svn upgrade --dry-run`?)

  - Let the default "compatible version" be specified in the user
config. (That is, the default version for 'checkout' and 'upgrade',
which are the places where a version can be specified.)

  - Clarify/unify the option name. svn commands also have other
    compatibility concerns besides the WC format.
    Current option names:
      --compatible-version  # for 'svnadmin': repository version
      --compatible-version  # for 'svn': WC version
      --wc-format-version  # for the tests: WC version
    Suggestions for WC version everywhere ('svn' and tests):
      --wc-compatible-version
      --wc-compatible-format

  - Clarify the supported versions display:
      -Supported working copy (WC) versions: from 1.8 to 1.15
      +Supported working copy (WC) versions:
      +  --compatible-version=1.8 (supported by svn 1.8 to 1.15; default)
      +  --compatible-version=1.15 (supported by svn 1.15)

We might want some of these, or other changes, before release. I don't
see any of them being needed before merge to trunk. The criterion is
basically, as much as possible should be done on trunk, as I understand
it. Please speak up about any changes needed, and if anything is needed
before merge.

Does anyone want extra time to review the branch, or have any other
concerns prior to merging it? If not I will do some further review of my
own (double-checking API changes and test changes) and then I should
think I could go ahead and merge it in a few days. I'm not meaning to be
pushy, so do let me know if anything doesn't seem right.

- Julian