Summary of status of #525
=========================

Currently on the 'pristines-on-demand-on-mwf' branch.

Dev tasks in progress or outstanding:
----------

* Multi-WC-format dependency (https://subversion.apache.org/issue/4883):

    - is merged to trunk and reviewed;

    - some outstanding items from review like UI tweaks, API
private-vs-public choices (in dev@ emails, and #4884 through #4887);

    - some docs probably needed (release notes, help text).

* Per-WC config (https://subversion.apache.org/issue/4889):

    - Quotes from #4889: "not strictly needed for MVP... MIGHT be good
to add the low level flagging mechanism now... not clear which would be
more effort."

    - Last thing I wrote on 2022-02-16 [1]: "I do think we need an
explicit option to enable the feature by name, not just a WC version
number. I haven't yet worked out whether it must also be possible to
upgrade to 1.15 format without enabling the feature, and thus need to
store the feature-enable flag in the WC somewhere separate from the
format version number. For future developments of other wc features,
that will be needed; I just haven't finalised yet if it's essential for
MVP. Might be, in order to not cause compatibility issues for those
future scenarios."

* Issues arising in existing regression tests (#4888 and others):

    - authz denied during textbase sync (#4888) -- in progress [2]

    - about 12 other tests that were disabled or modified -- I have
started investigating and patching; need some further attention.

Community tasks outstanding:

* initiate a merge to trunk

* decide on a name for the feature

- Julian