Den mån 14 mars 2022 kl 14:00 skrev Julian Foad <julianf...@apache.org>:

> Mark Phippard wrote:
> > [...] I just wanted to bring some user perspective [...]
> Thanks, Mark. Understood.
>
> I also want to clarify that this is my pragmatic side speaking. For anyone
> who doesn't remember me saying this before, I'll repeat that my purist side
> would love to see us do the alternative, optimal, design, and work through
> the consequent protocol issues. That seems obviously to me more "Right",
> but is only useful if we could afford to follow it through to completion,
> and we don't have a good estimate of the effort required for that.

I fully support both your effort and your judgement that we mustn't let
perfect stand in the way of getting a first implementation out of the door.
I've been vocal regarding not shutting some doors for the future but that
doesn't mean I believe them to be critical.

I have a few other things I'm looking at right now but I will try to build
a release for myself and use it for dev work.

Kind regards,
Daniel Sahlberg