Den tis 26 juli 2022 kl 10:55 skrev Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>:

> On 15.07.2022 23:19, Daniel Sahlberg wrote:
> > Den fre 15 juli 2022 kl 10:46 skrev Thomas Singer
> > <thomas.sin...@syntevo.com>:
> >
> >     Hi SVN developers,
> >

> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > Thanks for the detailed report!
> >
> >     First, there are 2 classes of NativeException, one in
> >     org.tigris.subversion.javahl package, the other in
> >     org.apache.subversion.javahl package. They only slightly differ in a
> >     constructor parameter. I recommend to use one class with 2
> >     constructors
> >     instead.
> >

> > I'm not experienced enough in the Java world to fully grasp this but I
> > assume the org.tigtis package is older and that it has been kept for
> > historical reasons (not to break an API used by older applications).
>
> The org.tigris package is obsolete but indeed kept for compatibility. We
> shouldn't even try to "improve" it by using some common implementation.

When compiling, there are a bunch of warnings:

[[[
/home/dsg/svn_trunk/subversion/bindings/javahl/src/org/tigris/subversion/javahl/SVNClient.java:1605:
warning: [dep-ann] deprecated item is not annotated with @Deprecated
    public void diff(String target1, Revision revision1, String target2,
]]]

I assume this is because the function is @deprecated in the docstring but
not formally annotated as @Deprecated.

Would this be a reasonable improvement or should the code be considered
frozen?

Kind regards,
Daniel Sahlberg