On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 03:05:41PM +0200, Thomas Dahms wrote:
Hi,

I have a rule for Thunderbird "/Thunderbird/ tags=netz". I composed a
message, which opens a new window. Then I tagged this new window
"+something" to have it also on another tag. Later I sent the mail,
which closed that window.
Now, when composing another new message, these new windows still get
tagged "netz+something", although Thunderbirds main window is still
"netz" only.
Is this expected behavior?

Yes and no. It appears that the compose windows are being reused rather than destroyed, and thus remaining on the same tags. It might be a good idea to wipe the tags property from windows when they close. I'll have to think about the implications.

(Please no Thunderbird bashing in this thread.)

Awe, you're no fun.

--
Kris Maglione

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
to produce bigger and better idiots.  So far, the Universe is winning.
        --Rich Cook