On 07/07/11 15:29, Rob wrote:
On 7 July 2011 14:18, Ruben Gonzalez Arnau<r...@sdf.lonestar.org>  wrote:
Talking about remember applications when restarting, it's possible to
remember "terminals" too? When I restart dwm everything is okey with my
config.h rules and each app goes to its tag, except all xterms go to tag 1,
I think that is the normal  behavior now, not sure if exist an easy
solution. any idea?
You need to give your xterms different class names, otherwise dwm can't
distinguish between them

e.g.
xterm -class XTerm7

and

{ "XTerm7", NULL, NULL, 1<<  6, ... }

in dwm's config.h

Thank you

It will be very useful to do something xterm --class "dwm current tag" on the fly, it's easy to do it using wmii, but I think that in dwm is not possible doing this way now.

--
r...@sdf.lonestar.org