Quoth Peter John Hartman:
> Task One: Make it play nice with webkit-gtk 1.6.1 (which it doesn't; 1.4.2
> is as high as you can get.)

Task maybe-one-maybe-two: make it play nice with webkit-gtk compiled
against gtk3. Gtk3 probably sucks less than 2, but regardless, it's
the future of webkit-gtk. Further into the future, hopefully an EFL
based webkit port will happen, which would be less bad.

I agree that surf is by far the suckiest thing in suckless.org, but
it is very useful, and I don't think there's a better alternative
for the crapper parts of the web (some of which are still useful to
be able to access).

Also, Troels, a couple of patches I think should be applied are:
http://surf.suckless.org/patches/download
http://surf.suckless.org/patches/ssl
(of course I'm biased; these are both mine)