* hiro <23h...@googlemail.com> [2011-11-02 13:21]:
> No. I try to use hget+sed+htmlfmt for Offline reading and synchronising,
> [..]
> Searching for solutions...

best compromise I found was w3m which has a decent way to spawn external
"browsers", which I misuse for flash or other evil stuff which I have to
deal with.

For pages which you are familiar with what content to expect where, it
is ok. For those you are not -- you may miss arbitrarily many
information, and that's not fun indeed.

Luckily, I *am* familiar with the most pages I visit, and they don't
change much. This allows for non-interactive (what I meant by offline
before) browsing: I have shell aliases for scripts for dictionary querys
which cut some pages before and some after the *real* content, and it
works surprisingly well for years with some (e.g. leo.org), but need
quite often changes with others.

My point is, sometimes it is worth having several simple solutions on
page basis. While it is not that elegant, if you use them often, they
save you a lot of headaches.

--
 stanio_