> On Dec 25, 2018, at 12:22 PM, Sean MacLennan <se...@seanm.ca> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 25 Dec 2018 08:16:47 -0600
> Cág <c...@bitmessage.ch> wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking of something you can compile the Linux kernel[0] with.
>
> The Linux kernel only compiles with the GNU toolchain. There are
> efforts to get it compiling with clang but I believe they are not there
> yet.
>
> The Linux kernel is portability because the GNU toolchain is portable.

Bad terminology on my part when I said portable I mean small, light, runs off
cdrom/usb/virtual machine and is always a clean environment (or aims to be).

I know Rob was using LFS build scripts to test his little project and it was
mostly intended as a busybox replacement that I think they decided to push a
bit further.

Now my curiosity is going, guess I will head over and see what’s up.