On 22/04/19 07:09, Robert Winkler wrote:

> Sorry, but I don't get it fixed. I rebuilt the locals with dpkg-reconfigure
> locales, with the US UTF-8 as default.
>
> On lxterminal, the characters é, ö etc. work. In st they don't.

With

export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8

properly configured fonts in fontconfig[1][2][3] and properly configured
config.h, Unicode characters, and even emoji, work in st. See the documentation
for fontconfig for information on how to properly configure fonts in X.Org.

st works here perfectly with Unicode characters and color emoji.

[1]: https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/fontconfig/
[2]: https://freedesktop.org/software/fontconfig/fontconfig-user.html
[3]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Font_configuration