The reason we wanted a name in the first place was to make sure that
endpoints work correctly in a clustered environment. In a
clustered environment same endpoint in different instances require the same
name to work properly because they exchange the state information using the
name as the key.

So I think generating a unique name across a cluster is very important. If
we cannot generate a unique name across a cluster there is no point in
generating a name at all.

Thanks,
Supun..