On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Supun Kamburugamuva <supu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I think Even for a production scenario setting this to 1 hour is too much.
> Normally if a sever crashes it doesn't take 1 hour to restart it. Also from
> synapse point of view it is always better to try the failed endpoint more
> frequently than waiting for 1 hour dropping messages.
>
>     +1 As per reading i have done for DLC implementation idea of  having a
redelivery mechanism is,
     in most of the cases a messages may fail due to higher load like minor
issues at the endpoint.in that scenarios a simple re attempt will solve the
issue.

So suspeding a endpoint for an hour for that kind of senarios is a huge
waste. There is always a trade off senario between cost of attepmting a
message delivery to a failed endpoint vs cost of not enabling a working
endpoint. I prefer trying the failed endpoint more frequently than disabling
it for an hour.

--
Charith Dhanushka Wickramarachchi
http://charithwiki.blogspot.com/