On 17/01/2013 12:55, Andrei Shakirin wrote:
Hi Francesco,
Sorry Jan, I don't think this fact is inline with community-driven development.

This community discussed and established a roadmap with some releases
[2]: this roadmap can be reviewed over time, of course, but it remains the
driver for this project's activities, indeed.
I understand your point. From other side my experience with other Apache
projects is that, if people or companies are interesting in some specific
project features and discuss/align them with community - patches and
contributions are always welcome, even if those features are not in roadmap.

Clear, every contribution is (more than) welcome.

...but I think that committers and PMC members - not occasional contributors - should also care about the whole project life (core features / documentation / release), or not?

Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/