On 21/01/2013 14:12, Jan Bernhardt wrote:
1. move SYNCOPE-231 (e.g. CXF migration) and all subtasks to 1.1.0 2.
move
SYNCOPE-275 ("Upgrade Spring to 3.2") to 1.1.0 as it requires
SYNCOPE-231
Does this means that we will completely switch to CXF? I would be
completely happy about this! But until now I thought, that we would not
finish SYNCOPE-231 completely with 1.1.0 release, but only prepare
everything as close as possible and then do this final step for next release.
However I would not be concerned to completely switch within this release,
since most work will be done anyway.

Hum, I actually thought you would have included the full CXF features in
1.1.0 alongside with still running but deprecated Spring MVC interfaces.
If I was wrong, could this be done?
Possibly. The main issue that we could not solve in the past was, that spring
uses setter for collections while CXF/JAX-B are using getter + add method. This
caused a problem, because CXF would add unmarshalled values and then Spring
would call setter with empty collection thus losing collection elements.
Christian is currently investigating a little bit more into this behavior to
find a possible workaround. Other than this, there should be no problem to have
them both running at the same time.

But if I understand the description in SYNCOPE-275 correctly, it would cause
problems to switch to Spring 3.2 without removing all Spring MVC's components.
And of cause without Spring MVC's the old REST Interface could not be used.
Correct?

You are right: we should then open another issue "Remove Spring MVC" for 1.2.0 and make SYNCOPE-275 requiring this. Right?

Regards.

3. move SYNCOPE-204 ("Add Karaf features") to 1.2.0 4. move
SYNCOPE-135 (" Password reset") to 1.1.0 5. move SYNCOPE-136
("Password required for resource subscription") to 1.1.0
+/-0 from me for these tasks. I don't feel a need to include them in 1.1.0
release, but if someone if all excited about these features and has time to
get them done... Sure why not including them...

Same here.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/