Currently InvalidSearchConditionException is in core.persistence.dao and
is a checked exception.
If we want to make this exception part of the UserService interface to
have it available on the client we will have to move it to common.

Currently the console does not seem to use the exception on the client
side. So my preliminary solution to get it running is to make the
exception unchecked so I can pass it to the
exception mapper without having it in the interface.

So basically the two things to discuss are if we want to move the
exception to common and if we want to make it unchecked. I personally
would do both.

This exception is not used by the admin console because the code is done so that no invalid search conditions are sent to the core; however, other clients are likely to need this exception to be returned.

Hence: +1 for moving it to common, but don't see enough reason to make it unchecked.

Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/