Great work, Giacomo! I wonder if this work could be continued to eventually
use Camel to drive all of the various "tasks" in Syncope? For example,
Camel could be used to drive a "notification task", which would give a huge
degree of flexibility in terms of generating notifications. Same goes for
propagation/synchronization. Interested in your thoughts on this.

Francesco, is there any compelling reason not to merge this work for 1.2
instead of 1.3? We seem to be quite some way off releasing 1.2, hence my
question.

Hi Colm,
I suggested 1.3 for Giacomo's work because AFAIK it is more like a prototype than a finished development: we don't know, for example, if the code is in line with latest Camel's best practices, neither we put it under high load to understand if there could be scalability issues. Moreover, the interesting ideas you suggest above - extending the Camel approach to other Syncope features - might cause the 1.2.0, which already features several enhancements - to stuck in an undefined delay.

I wish I could put some energies back again in Syncope 1.2.0, including the M1 release as discussed [3], but I may have enough spare cycles only in about one month time.

Regards.

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò