thanks for reaching out - let us quickly go through these issues to
demystify them:

1) Matrix text formats: Apart from binary representations, we support the
following text matrix formats: "mm" (matrix market), "text" (like matrix
market but without the meta data header), and "csv". The sparse "text"
format is our default. You had a csv representation but (without specifying
the format) you tried to read it as "text" which failed on parsing the
first column as row index. You can use something like that

conn.convertToDoubleMatrix(conn.readScript(model), rows, cols, "csv")

2) Parameter binding: Furthermore, note that matrix inputs (and any other
inputs) should be bound to the left-hand-side variable name. So please
change it as follows

conn.prepareScript(conn.readScript(dml), new String[] {"w", "X"}, new
String[] {"predicted_y"},

3) Model reuse: In order to ensure low-latency scoring even for relatively
large models, you might want to mark your model as reused input. You can do
that as follows while setting up your prepared statement. This converts the
model just once and reuses the internal representation over multiple
invocations of executeScript.

pstmt.setMatrix("w", wData, true);

Regards,
Matthias