Hi,

I'm wondering what would be a good way to handle JCuda in terms of the
build release packages. Currently we have 11 artifacts that we are building:
   systemml-0.10.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-inmemory.jar
   systemml-0.10.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-javadoc.jar
   systemml-0.10.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar
   systemml-0.10.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-src.tar.gz
   systemml-0.10.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-src.zip
   systemml-0.10.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-standalone.jar
   systemml-0.10.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-standalone.tar.gz
   systemml-0.10.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-standalone.zip
   systemml-0.10.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
   systemml-0.10.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz
   systemml-0.10.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.zip

It looks like JCuda is platform-specific, so you typically need different
jars/dlls/sos/etc for each platform. If I'm understanding things correctly,
if we generated Windows/Linux/LinuxPowerPC/MacOS-specific SystemML
artifacts for JCuda, we'd potentially have an enormous number of artifacts.

Is this something that could be potentially handled by specific profiles in
the pom so that a user might be able to do something like "mvn clean
package -P jcuda-windows" so that a user could be responsible for building
the platform-specific SystemML jar for jcuda? Or is this something that
could be handled differently, by putting the platform-specific jcuda jar on
the classpath and any dlls or other needed libraries on the path?

Deron