From: Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 12:12 PM
To: dev@tamaya.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: RFC: Draft for report - will submit at 2018-11-06

William,

Thanks for the reply. Are you a member of the JCP as well? Either Associate
(contributors can pretty much help with almost everything, too) or Full JCP
Member?

I'm afraid there's a lot of politics, I just joined the regular Jakarta EE
Spec Committee call and while I won't disclose more than the minutes should
document anyway, there is a looming worry, that not only the GroupId has to
change but also other dependencies including existing JSRs like CDI, etc.
that use the "javax" package namespace or quote the term "Java" could be at
risk. That certainly speaks a great bit against JSR 382 which uses the
"javax" namespace and could mean, Eclipse Foundation would rather have to
start from scratch or simply derive what was done at MicroProfile Config
into a new Jakarta.config spec. I cannot say which way it'll happen,  but
there are a lot of things discussed and lawyers promised stuff (I already
know that kind of "Waiting for Godot" while I was still in the JCP EC and
Java EE 8 was in a standstill) which nobody dares to make binding decisions
before they delivered on those promises.

Werner