> So, anyway, i'd like to provide the zone parameter to all
> AbstractField subclasses
> since i don't see the need to special-case it to a particular component
> and in fact i've gotten it to work quite nicely.

I don't think it's a good idea.

Not all form fields support zone update, TextField doesn't and Radio shouldn't
too, all radios will be binded by the RadioGroup and because of that it can't
use an abstract JS init.

By adding the zone parameter to the AbstractField you are forcing all
subclasses to implement it and in some cases it just doesn't makes sense.

Just commit my patch and I will then add support for the RadioGroup.

Denis