On 18.12.2012 13:29, Felix Gonschorek wrote:
> Okay, i would like to contribute back to the tapestry project and submit
> patches and tests. I have difficulties to get tapestry running in my
> current dev environment:
>
> - eclipse 3.8.1 (jdt, gradle plugin, git team provider and m2 plugin
> installed)
> - win 7
>
> usually i work with mercurial and m2eclipse, but git and gradle should'nt
> be a problem.
>
> This is what i do:
>
>> git clone http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/tapestry-5.git
>> cd tapestry-5
>> ./gradlew eclipse
>
> in eclipse:
>
> "import" -> "existing project into workspace" -> "select tapestry-5 folder
> in workspace"
>
> Result: i get a single tapestry-5 project, but no classpaths are set.
>
> after some investigation i see, that eclipse only sees the .project files
> in the project root folder, not in the sub-projects. so i remove the
> projects in eclipse without removing the files on the disk. then i delete
> the .project file in the root folder and import the "existing projects into
> workspace" again.
>
> Now the subprojects (tapestry-core, tapestry-ioc, tapestry-test....) are
> being detected and i can import the projects.
>
> Result: i have now 20 seperate projects in my eclipse workspace.

Don't use the eclipse gradle target. Do Import -> Gradle Project after git
clone and select the
parent module. Worked like a charm for me. Eclipse's git integration sucks
though.

> I get a lot of compilation errors:
>
> 1) The projects are set up for java 1.5 and in java 1.5 the "@Override"
> annotation on methods that implement an interface are not allowed. The
> @Override annotation is only allowed for methods overriding the method of a
> superclass.
> Fix: i changed the "sourceCompatibility" and "targetCompatibility" in the
> root "build.gradle" to 1.6, run the "./gradlew eclipse" task again and
> refresh all projects.
> Result: The most compilation errors are gone.
> Question: How can i override the "sourceCompatiblity" and
> "targetCompatibility" settings without changing the main build.gradle file?
> Strictly speaking, the sourceCompatibility is not 1.5 as far as i
> understand the setting... should this be fixed in general?

I thought I fixed that in 209efb827.

> 2) I am missing some clojure dependency. There are 49 compilation errors,
> as far as i can see all of them are related to that:
> "The import clojure cannot be resolved". File:
> /tapestry-clojure/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry5/internal/clojure/ClojureBuilderImpl.java
> Question: How can i fix this? In the build.gradle file of the
> tapestry-clojure is this statement:
>
> dependencies {
>  "provided "org.clojure:clojure:1.4.0""
> }
>
> Obviously it is not provided ;-)

Right. I thought I fixed that back in October when I got the automated build
running again but
apparently I missed that one. I'll have a look.

Uli