If both L and E accepted a fields parameter (List<String>) you could pass
in the extra field ids to each.

So you would pass L's filter clientId to E and pass E's filter clientId to
L.

When either L's filter or E's filter change, both filters are passed to the
serverside event(s).

The "group of fields" demo on tapestry-stitch shows an example of four
fields rendered in a loop. When any of the four fields change all four
values (and the loop context) are sent to the serverside event. It's
similar to this use case except text fields instead of select.