Apache Tapestry is a Java component-based web framework that features high
productivity, great code reuse, robust deployment, and terrific performance.

Any issues for the Board?

  We have begun to discuss the process of a change in project lead, as
  Howard Lewis Ship's involvement in the project has markedly
  decreased over the last year or more.

When did the project last make any releases?

  The latest stable version of Tapestry (5.3.8) has been released 20
  Nov 2014.  We have made available the a series of beta builds of the
  upcoming 5.4 release, (most recently, 5.4-beta-35, on 23 Aug 2015),
  following successful votes.

  Although a consensus has been reached to pursue a release candidate, the
  effort is currently stalled.

Describe the overall activity in the project over the past quarter.

  Activity on the user mailing list is slow. Questions are answered
  with participation of not only the core contributors but also by the
  community at large. Discussion focuses especially around new
  features of the upcoming 5.4 release. There are also occasional
  announcements concerning third-party libraries developed entirely
  outside the Tapestry team.

  Activity on the dev mailing list is medium.

  The focus of development currently lies on the upcoming Tapestry 5.4
  which will bring major improvements in JavaScript support and other
  new features.  At this point we are primarily looking at fixing bugs
  (from our large backlog) and documenting the significant new
  features.

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

  Jochen Kenmade has been voted in as a committer on 25 Apr 2014, and
  subsequently been voted into the PMC (2 Mar 2015).

Project branding or naming issues, either in the project or externally.

  No known issues.

Branding requirements progress:

 * "Website Navigation Links: navbar links included, link to www.apache.org
   included" - License and Security links are missing
 * "Logos and Graphics: include TM, use consistent product logo on your
site"
   - TM missing from logo

Legal issues or questions:

  None.

Infrastructure issues or strategic needs:

  None.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Starting with WalMart Labs on Sep 28th!