Some folks include project health metrics within their board report.  I
don't think it's required, but it is nice to have it summarized for the
board so that they don't have to go hunting that information down if
they're interested.

What would be really cool is if we had a nice "dashboard" view of all of
our project metrics, so that the board members (and of course anyone else)
could easily see a snapshot of how the project is doing (at least by the
numbers).