Hi Ben!

I didn't try to compile Tapestry itself to target compatibility = 11,
as I mentioned above it should probably remain java 8 for some time.

It isn't necessary for the time being, we may do so later when we implement
proper jigsaw modules.

For now I was talking mostly about using JDK 11 complier with
source/targetCompatibility=8,
to be able to create Java 11 compatibility tests.

It shouldn't stop you from adding current state of the master branch in
your Java 11 projects
as regular 3rd party dependency, same as we did with ours.

I can't recall any issues of using current state of the master branch with
Java 11,
Tapestry team and contributors already did most of the job.

--
Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com