Hi Jake

Yes, docs within docs folder is easier to handle for web site generation.

However, people will usually search die internet instead of browsing the doc
folder.

We have this folder since years…

I think, people like to have a README.md within the current working
directory.

==>better visibility and probably the reason why we have lot of README.md
files

within our code base. Let us continue this direction of evolution!

Rename all README to README.md and define Markdown syntax as the way to go?

Merge test with tutorial will be a huge task and I see different goals:

test:

*         complex code with lot variants(types, exceptions, protocols,
transports, multiplex, ssl, servers, etc.)

*         the wide range of features is usually not what you need as a
starting point for own projects

*         TestServer and TestServer for all languages use the same command
line arguments

*         ThriftTest.thrift defines all types and describes the behavior of
services or initial values of objects, etc.

tutorial:

*         very simple example: a calculator

*         just use a sub set of Types and a Custom Exception

*         no extra libraries such as command line parser & co

*         minimum amount of required code

The other idea I had is using the multiplex protocol for this new
combination/merge of tutorial and test…

-Roger