Hey Sergei
Thanks for looking into this and your work so far. If we are to look into
switching the build system it would be something that we would want to wait
on till after 0.9.2 is out (my fault on 0.9.2 delay, will get rc1 up for a
vote shortly). Since overhauling the build process is such a major change
we would want to have a vote to ensure everyone on the PMC is in favor of
such a change.

There will definitely be some extra effort needed to get
Travis/Jenkins/Vagrantfile verified and working for all client
libs/tests/etc. Can you please create a ticket for tracking this (and
possibly a single pull request if the above is working for all the
mentioned items)

-Jake