Sent: Friday, October 2, 2015 7:24 PM
To: dev@thrift.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS]: Source release artifact

In an effort to make releases easier to cut I would like to propose that we
move to using git archive with a .gitignore to exclude any files that we
feel should not be apart of the release. This will help cut down on time
spent tracking missed files in the EXTRA_DIST section and having to compare
the release dist versus whats in the repository.

My thought is that we work towards the cmake switch as follows:

0.9.4: end October - Switch to git archive
0.9.5: end November - Unify build/test env (Jenkins/Travis/etc all using
Docker)
1.0: end December - Switch to cmake

And what is everyone preference moving forward for release cadence, would
like to get on a more regular schedule. monthly, quarterly?

Thoughts?

-Jake