Github user kdubb commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/539#issuecomment-146952528

    I've brought the exception reporting in line with other languages.  I
looked into Java & C++ to see the error codes they for all.  Historically
TApplicationError seems to have been correct in the past and I trampled on it
by changing the codes themselves.  The protocol & transport errors needed a bit
of shuffling but now they are using a meaningful code in the correct context.
I've kept some of the extended error information we were traditionally
reporting but put it into variables that do not escape the current environment.

---
with INFRA.
---