Github user jsgf commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1147

    Awesome! The thing that I got stalled on was non-support for other
protocols/framing, which meant it wasn't really useful for real use. The other
blocker was support for async, which is pretty much a must-have for practical
uses, and the Rust async story is in flux right now with Tokio, etc.

    > Not implemented:
    > - Struct/union constants: Honestly, this looks like it's "not possible"
(tm)
    > - Multiplexed processor

    Have a look at [my repo](https://github.com/jsgf/thrift/tree/rust). I
implemented these with `lazy_static`. I didn't find anything that couldn't be
implemented; in general Rust and Thrift seem like a good match.

    The main complexity I found was that you have to use `BTreeMap`/`BTreeSet`
if you want to use maps/sets as keys for other maps/sets, but otherwise
`HashMap`/`HashSet` are preferred.

    The other tricky part was using `Result` to represent exceptions and
handling some edge cases around void functions which are extended to throw
extensions.

    I'll review in detail.

---
with INFRA.