Github user allengeorge commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1147

    @jsgf For structs it's more involved than it appears - perhaps because of
the way I've chosen to represent them. Here are some factors that cause issues:

    1. I represent `required` fields as bare types (i.e. no `Option` wrapper).
This means that if the user doesn't specify them in the IDL const declaration
then `rustc` will fail.
    2. I'm not sure how to handle a case where a user specifies a single struct
field in the IDL const declaration but ignores the others. I *could*
conceivably use ".." but (see below)
    3. I currently don't implement a `Defaults` trait for structs. Even if I
did generate one, I'd only do it for structs with all optional or
opt-in-req-out fields

---
with INFRA.
---