Github user jeking3 commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1412

    My take on the Apache licensing rules is that we cannot accept this if it
has other copyrights in it:
    ```
    If the source file is submitted with a copyright notice included in it, the
copyright owner (or owner's agent) must either:
    * remove such notices, or
    * move them to the NOTICE file associated with each applicable project
release, or
    * provide written permission for the ASF to make such removal or relocation
of the notices.
    ```
    If Mr. Anderson would provide the ASF with written permission to move the
copyright statements into a NOTICE.md file within lib/cl that would be
sufficient for inclusion in the project.

---