Thanks for showing interest and for raising valid questions.

I do not currently have a forked branch to show how it is done. However, I
can certainly make it happen. It will take me a couple of weeks or so to do
it. I will need to get myself familiarized with the contribution process.

To answer other questions:

   1. The current implementation is in Java. However, it can also be easily
   ported to other languages. Happy to help in that direction as well.
   2. The solution does not modify the definition of any structure (eg,
   Payload => SlimPayload). The output instance has the same type regardless
   of whether we use full deserialization or partial deserialization. In that
   sense, it is 100% compatible in both directions (partial <=> full). The
   solution enables selectively deserializing any arbitrary nested subset.

Kumar