On 28.09.22 09:22, Jiayu Liu wrote:
> update on this: I've tried to upgrade the java version from 11 to 17 in
> bionic but after doing that the :javadoc gradle task will fail with no
> specific details, making it hard to debug. i'm currently reverting back
> to java 11 which unfortunately suffers from a runtime TLS error likely
> due to JDK bug. This is an awkward dilemma, but I plan to resolve it
> soon...

Thanks a lot for your work on this, its appreciated!

In my humble opinion, as long as not both issues are fixed at the same
time, I'd rather go with java version 17 and working TLS. The javadoc
seems relevant but less relevant than core functionality like TLS.
Could javadoc even be temporarily disabled, just to make the CI happy
again? The broken CI builds are themselves quite blocking.

But that's really just my two cents! And of course the "best" would be
to have both javadoc and TLS working... :-)

Thanks again, and all the best,

   Mario

Viele Grüße,

    Mario Emmenlauer

--
Mario Emmenlauer                                  Tel: +49-176-23463809
Balanstr. 43                              mailto: mario * emmenlauer.de