There are the situations, I could think about, where you would like to
implement customized classloader:
1. You need different hierarchy to load classes, as OSGi for instance.
Hollywood principle if you like.
2. When you need to run different versions of classes or jars. For example,
you want to load class A with version 1.1.2, while class B needs version
2.3.4.
3. At runtime you need to edit byte-code of class and reload it.
4. Most obviously, you need to load class/es from network, default
classloader loads classes that placed locally
5. Dynamically create classes and load them on the fly
6. Run multiple java applications inside a single JVM

BR,
Oleg.

--
Best regards, Oleg.