Hi,

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Ken Krugler
<kkrugler_li...@transpac.com> wrote:
> On Sep 23, 2011, at 3:24am, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> In any case it would still be good to mapRDFa <meta> tags also to the
>> Metadata object. To do that properly (and to open the way to better
>> XMP integration, my favourite TODO item :-), we'll probably need to
>> extend the Metadata class to handle things like namespaces and
>> structured values.
>
> That's what I was afraid of :)
>
> My head starts to hurt when I have to deal with namespaces and RDF.

>From the client perspective the Metadata class should still provide a
simple key-value interface for basic things, just like the Tika facade
hides the more powerful constructs of the Parser and Detector
interfaces under a simplified API. Of course the implementation side
would be more complex...

> So I think I'll just patch my local copy to do the Q&D thing, and wait for
> someone with more XML/RDF-fu to deal with it properly.

Until Someone (TM, :-) does that, I'd be very happy to see the simple
property=xxx mapping you described added to HtmlParser. It's obviously
an improvement to the way Tika currently works, and I don't see any
major backwards compatibility issues caused by starting with a simple
solution like that and later on migrating to a more complete RDF-based
metadata model.

BR,

Jukka Zitting