Hi,

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com> wrote:
> What I tend to do is build the project with maven on the command line, then
> unpack the tika-bundle jar.
>
> Then, I add a regular (non maven) project to eclipse, and add the jars from
> the bundle as dependencies by hand. It's fiddly to do, but it doesn't
> require me to win the battle with the maven eclipse project...

Have you tried the latest m2e version that comes with Eclipse Indigo?
Apart from the nasty plugin execution issues it works really well for
me.

Here's how I set up a Tika checkout in Eclipse:

    Import...
    Existing Maven Projects
    Enter /path/to/tika
    De-select tika-bundle-it because of the plugin execution issues
    Click Finish

The result is a perfectly configured set of Eclipse projects, one for
each Tika component.

I guess we should also add some workarounds for the tika-bundle-it component.

BR,

Jukka Zitting