On Mon, 30 Jan 2012, Jukka Zitting wrote:
What we might also consider as an extra convenience, are Metadata methods like:

   int getNumberOfAudioChannels();
   void getNumberOfAudioChannels(int channels);

and

   String getAudioChannelType();
   void setAudioChannelType(String type);

based on code and constants in the XMPDM class (and with defaults like
0 and null for non-audio documents).

If we're doing that sort of thing, then I'd rather we put the logic onto the Property for that. The Property already has a type and the closed list of allowed values (as Strings, from the XMPDM specification). It would seem to me that the logic for going to/from channel numbers would best live with the strings themselves, on the property, rather than outside?

Nick