Hi Folks,
Right now in Jenkins (builds.apache.org) we don't seem to have a Tika
project directory which contains the trunk build... it is just a free
standing project burried under the mountain of jobs currently running on
that box.
We also don't build Tika nightly... in fact AFAICT it has been built twice
in the last 30 or so days...
We use latest JDK6... which IMHO is not sufficient as Annie (one of many I
am sure) has recently encountered problems building and testing Tika
against Oracle JDK8.
We don't seem to run tests within the current Trunk Jenkins
configuration!!! We instead look for tasks... if they do not exist we do
not run any tests... IMHO this is a waste of Jenkins resources as the job
is provisioned and very rarely actually used.
We can therefore not view test output if anything goes wrong! Which is not
beneficial to anyone wanting to know current health of trunk.
Does anyone have an issue with me jumping on to the Jenkins job and
bringing it bang up to date with JDK7 (at least), provisioning a new job
for JDK8 until we get this stable and also publishing test output for
reference and review... finally running nightly builds which push nightly
SNAPSHOT's for consumption by developers?
Thanks
Lewis

--
*Lewis*