Hi Nick/Others,
Please see link below for Tika trunk build on Oracle JDK's (latest) 6 and 7
respectively.
We also have a now deprecated Tika trunk build which was doing zilch... we
also have a currently disabled cob configured to run with Oracle JDK8
(latest) when this become available to build machines via Infra.

@Nick, please see comments to your response. Thank you folks for the
Lewis

https://builds.apache.org/view/Tika/

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 8:18 AM, <dev-digest-h...@tika.apache.org> wrote:

> I believe that Buildbot is the main system being used for testing +
> nightly builds - http://ci.apache.org/builders/tika-trunk/

This was also doing nothing. IMHO we could delete this buildbot
configuration as it is wasting resources.

> Can you clarify what we'd get by using Jenkins instead of Buildbot? Is it
> easier to manage perhaps? Easier to setup for multiple Java versions?

* The jobs are configured at the link I've provided above. They poll the
Tika trunk SVN SCM URL every hour for changes and deploy a job if they
detect revision change to trunk codebase.

* We now will be pushing ONLY stable Tika trunk SNAPSHOT's (currently
1.6-SNAPSHOT's) to
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/tika/certainly
on ever stable build (possibly nightly). This lets Dev's use
cutting edge Tika stuff without having to build locally. You can merely
include SNAPSHOT configuration in your project build if it can consume
Maven artifacts.

 * Jenkins has a real simple REST API meaning that we/I can shift the
script's I've written for automating nightly update and deployment of Any23
service which resides at any23.org over to Tika. This will let users and
developers use a stable SNAPSHOT version of the Tika trunk codebase in a
live Web Application. This is really nice for demo's of new functionality,
etc.

* ... blah blah blah don't want you guys falling as well :)

> As for JVM versions, we currently require 1.6, so we need to test on that.
> Newer ones would be good too! But we mustn't loose the 1.6 which is our
> minimum version...
>
> please see above... thank you. Have a great weekend folks.
Lewis