On Mon, 30 Nov 2015, Allison, Timothy B. wrote:
Perhaps we could start with a tika-advanced-bundle to gather all of the nlp/advanced parsers? Or would this have to wait for Tika 2.0?

I've noticed that there have been a lot fewer queries (on our list, on stackoverflow, at events etc) caused by people missing jars of late. Not sure of the message has got out there better, the right posts are getting to the top of google, the troubleshooting page has done its magic, or something else entirely! But I'm now less worried about the impact of modular parsers on newbies that I have been before

To try to avoid all the existing guidance (most of it external) from going stale, I'd lean towards either keeping "tika-parsers" as the full version, or make "tika-parsers" be an alias to "tika-parsers-all", so that current behaviour remains

I'd also probably suggest we change the default load error handler to warn/log, so that people by default will find out more quickly that they've missed jars, and probably also have an extra load error log/check which triggers in the event of 0 parser definitions being found. People can turn that off if they want, as now, but maybe the new default should be so that newbies tend to get told quickly what they've done wrong!

Oh, and we'll need to update the troubleshooting page too for the new bundles world :)

Nick