Happy to chat. Please put them in touch.

I've been really impressed with what the POI team has done migrating
from ant to gradle.  On Tika, I don't think we have any special needs
that would require deep gradle knowledge, but given the number of
modules now, it will be non-trivial.  Also, I take Nick D's concerns
seriously.

If there's something cheap and easy to do with our current build, great.

If we're looking at a full migration, have at it on a dev branch!
Perhaps we can put that in a Tika 3.x that requires Java 11...early
next year?

Cheers,

              Tim