Hey Stephen,

> I've been tinkering with Ogre ( https://github.com/clojurewerkz/ogre ) in
> recent weeks and I basically have it working again. I'm talking to
> clojurewerkz about doing a milestone release to get some community
> feedback. Here's a little repl sample:
>
> clojurewerkz.ogre.core=> (traverse g V (match
>                    #_=>   (__ (as :a) (out :created) (as :b))
>                    #_=>   (__ (as :b) (has :name "lop"))
>                    #_=>   (__ (as :b) (in :created) (as :c))
>                    #_=>   (__ (as :c) (has :age 29)))
>                    #_=>   (select :a :c) (by :name)
>                    #_=>   (into-seq!))
> ({"a" "marko", "c" "marko"} {"a" "josh", "c" "marko"} {"a" "peter", "c"
> "marko"})

Its funny. You've been twiddling with Orge for years now as a side project. Its
always funny how every couple of years you pop it back up on the scene. The
unauthorized biography I'm going to write on you will be called -- "The Secret
Life of Stephen Mallette: Behind Clojsed Doors."

> Anyway, that's not really the purpose of this post. I had asked a friend to
> "clean-up" an image I had of Gremlin doing some graffiti on a wall of the
> Ogre logo. My friend took it to the next level and ended up doing this:
>
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/clojurewerkz/ogre/fresh/gremlin-ogre.png
>
> which is insanely dope.

Slammin'. You should ping it to Ketrina and let her see the spin on her work.

> So I suppose this is a bit of a first test for this policy and so I'm
> asking permission to use this in the clojurewerkz README and potentially
> the general Ogre documentation. I would be sure to include a trademark
> notice for Apache TinkerPop wherever this was used. Is this an acceptable
> use of Gremlin for everyone?

Dude, of course. For me, the policy about "character scenes" is more about
people using OUR (Apache TinkerPop) character scenes, not people putting
Gremlin into their own scenes themselves. Regardless, this is all in context of
Apache TinkerPop and helps to grow the iconography.

Your friend has a talent and I can't wait to see Ogre become more popular.

Outz,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com