On 2016-07-19 18:02 (+0100), Robert Dale <robd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> - It seems redundant to nest a vertex or edge inside a type-value
> object and is inconsistent with a VertexProperty.
> - VertexProperty and (edge) Property are implicit types. I don't know
> if this is ok. Could they ever be used outside of their parents where
> they would need to be typed?

I agree with the VertexProperty remark. That's one last question I wanted to
solve, if we go for typing Vertex and edges, do we include others? The full
list I see then is : vertex/edge/vertexproperty/property/graph.

However I am not sure how useful it is to have more than Vertex and Edge. As,
when deserializing a Vertex for example, there's no question as to what is in
the "properties" field of the Vertex, there are necessarily only
VertexProperties. However looking at the API, it seems like it is supported to
write only a VertexProperty if one wants to (see
GraphWriter.writeVertexProperty()), so in that case, to me it makes sense to
add the types for the elements of the list I described above. @stephen any
thoughts about that ?

> - Edges:
>   - is in/outVLabel new? Couldn't find it in the API or any examples of this.
>   - why not make inV/outV have proper vertices with labels (to satisfy
> the case previous case) instead of just IDs? This would also be more
> consistent with the API.

I haven't touched that part, it was in the format before. I believe this is a
question for Stephen.

> Otherwise looks good!

Thanks for the feedback.