Github user okram commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/384

    Thoughts:

    1. I think there is a bit of an overdose of options here. Keep it simple.

    2. We have to realize that not everyone has a black background as their
terminal. I use a light brown. Some people use white. Thus, I don't think the
default should be to use color. You can `:set` colors if you want and perhaps
we even have "standard themes" -- `:set black-background-standard` (or whatever
the naming convention that we are using for other `:set` commands so we are
consistent in our naming of parameters.

    If you guys want to go with edge/vertex/etc. being able to be colored,
please don't have that be part of the "standard templates." Keep things clean
and simple and not a "disco club" coming at you.

---
with INFRA.
---